According to the research done by "Shoushi" charitable foundation, a group of architectures from the USA started the elaboration of the general plan of Shoushi town. But without the solving of the problem of the water supply in the town, the development of the town, situated on the height of 1500 m, is impossible. The researches on the program "Water" showed that it is possible to solve the problem by gathering the waters by 35 l/sec, the waters, coming down from the mountain Kirs.
On the initiative of the foundation starting from the March, the expedition of specialists should start the works on the research of the river-head and the elaboration of the project of water-supply of Shoushi town.
According to the starting estimates, the expenses for the projecting and its implementation will be 1 million dollars.
"Shoushi" Foundation carried out the following activities
with the help of Belgian-Armenian sponsor Zh. Poghosyan and
Catholic community assigned for $25.000:
• Calculation and drawing a map (1:2000 up to 1:5000)
of 525 monuments and formation of photographing list.
• Architectural measurement of 220 palaces, social and
in 17-19 centuries and logging the information in computer
• The investigation and working out the materials-tombs
from stone and
bronze centuries, the old castle s ancient discovering in
fortress and 7
• Around 1000 new historical materials from XII-XIX
centuries belonging to Shoushi and Artsakh have been examined,
copied and transferred to Yerevan Matenadaran (Armenian repository
of ancient manuscripts) after Mashtots.
• Artsakh survival assemblage project s realization
has been started in
2005, September i.e. formation of detachments, recording of
participants and their computer logging, the materials editing.
Hovnanyan, Artur Aleqsanyan and Nina Hovnanyan-Aleqsanyan
project s sponsors.
The following activities should be realized in the frame of
fortress and environmental cultural inheritance research project:
1. Publish as a separate book concerning to the Foundation
work results; social, civil, cult measurement of 18-19 centuries
as photos and maps. The project s expenses compile $12.000.
2. To put the end Foundation s ancient discoveries being done
in 2005, cultivate and restore the ancient materials and as
publish a book. The project s expenses compile $15.000.
3. Publish the documents concerning to 12-18 centuries of
Shoushi already stored and preserved in Yerevan Matenadaran.
project s expenses compile $10.000.
4. From Armenian historical achieve all the necessary documents
materials dealing with 18-19 centuries of Artsakh and Shoushi
researched and collected and as a result publish a book.
5. Form a special expedition for investigation of the caves
in plateaus and gorges of Shoushi. The project s expenses
6. Form a special expedition for the investigation and analysis
Shoushi gravestones from 17-19 centuries and as a result publish
The project s expenses compile $10.000.
7. Put into effect the Artsakh survival assemblage works and
first volumes. Edit and make a DVD CD. The project s expenses
8. To establish a cultural and historical research centre
9. Analyze, scan and publish in 3 volumes all the necessary
stored in Shoushi, Stepanakert, Yerevan, Moscow, Saint Pittsburg
10. Work out the Strategy and Conception of Shoushi fortress.
11. Explore the development of the Shoushi fortress primary
12. Cast a documentary film about Shoushi, 25 minutes, ($8000)
For further development of Shushi organize an architectural
competition in the frame of Tourist development project. The
creative staff will have the honor to put into a life the
The project of Shoushi cultural inheritance research centre
In 2004 May-August as well as in 2005 Shoushi Foundation has
activities in the frame of Shoushi cultural inheritance research
which have been carried out in 6 stages.
All the buildings of Shoushi from 18-19 centuries have been
photographed and put in map 1:2000 output i.e. monuments (324
the corresponding catalogue has been formed and published
example(with the help of B. Karapetyan).
The gravestones and monuments (200 objects) have been calculated,
photographed and put in map 1:5000 output which have been
catalogue(with the help of archeologist H. Petrosyan).
200 social and dwelling houses from 18-19 centuries have been
with the help of a group architects and 25 students from the
Architectural Institute (leaders were B. Karapetyan and S.
The measurement activities of 170 monuments have been continued
architectures, 5 experts marked and appreciated the buildings
centuries, worked out ways of the restoration and preserving
(leaders were B. Karapetyan and S. Petrosyan).
In three stages the expanses complied $8000.
1. Continue and put the end measurements and photos of the
Form the ways of preserving the building zones. The measurements,
of the map have already transferred to computer.
2. The investigations of fortress, gravestones, Cyclopean
castle have been
done in Shoushi plateau.
3. Realize the investigation of Shoushi tombs from 18-19 centuries
beginning of the 20 century and publish all the materials.
4. Research the caves located in fortress and around it.
5. Analyze, scan and publish in 3 volumes all the necessary
stored in Shoushi, Stepanakert, Yerevan, Moscow, Saint Pittsburg
6. Work out the Strategy and Conception of Shoushi fortress.
7. Explore the development of the Shoushi fortress primary
8. With the help of the Armenian architectural communities
form 5 zones of
the fortress as well as organize an architectural international
competition i.e. tourist, cultural centre, spiritual centre
gorge: the winning works should be presented to the experts,
examination and confirmation of the Armenian and NKR governors($25.000).
9. Declare Shoushi as the cultural city of all Armenians.
To put in
practice an internet unique referendum in order to confirm
this idea. The
Armenian, NKR and Diaspora population can be involved. The
the referendum just transfer one dollar to the Foundation
mentioning their address, name - last name and the motto of
referendum. The Artsakhbank details are the following;
10. To set up a museum of photography, where the foreign and
photographers will have a chance to exhibit their works on
culture, economy and everyday life. Shoushi Foundation includes
from Armenia, Kharabakh and Diaspore in Shoushi state museum
photography. It s desirable to get the original and qualified
photos should be sent having thorough information about the
photo as well
as details concerning to the period and people already cast
The photos can be sent to this address; Yerevan, the Armenian
Scientific Academy, Marshal Baghramyan Street, 24/710, Shoushi
Foundation to Bakur Karapetyan, office 56 80 42, mobile 091
55 36 44,
The photos will be shown on the Armenian first
channel and in website www.shoushi.am
11. To open an electronic museum Photo Chronicles of the 20th
Local War . It will reflect all the conflicts the city ahs
massacres, slaughters and other human tragedies of the past
as the slaughters in Baku and Shoushi, the burning of Jews,
Vietnam and Afghan Wars, the Caribbean crises, the Hungarian
uprising, the Cyprus, Nagorni Kharabagh, Abkhazian, Ossetic,
Kurd, Irish, Indonesian and other conflicts and bring examples
settlements of some problems. The museum will have an exhibition;
organize displays, meetings and conferences in other countries.
The museum s activities aim to prevent local war and settle
global social problems. The museum will have a computer centre,
with international organizations through internet. Eventually,
intended to become a political research library achieve on
the 20 century
local war. It ll have a computer centre, guest house with
12. To establish Internet club with 12 computers in Shoushi.
It ll be free
of charge in the beginning 2 years ($15.000).
13. To establish a public garden ($4000).
14. To install the Shoushi author Ter- Manuel s monument (15th
square. In the front wall of Saint Virgin install a part from
Testament concerning to Shoushi (1428) both in Eastern and
The executive director of the Foundation Bakur Karapetyan
The Foundation thinks that the development of Shoushi should
be the saint
duty of each Armenian living in different corners of the world.
fortress should again restore and develop with the participation
investment of each Armenian. Everyone can participate in Foundation
The foundation is ready to accept and discuss suggestions
the development of Shoushi and of course assist to its realization.
Foundation in its website www.shoushi.am will inform all necessary
information and each investor or sponsor will be aware of
Our office address;
Yerevan 19, Baghramyan Ave., 24/710
Office tel. +(374 10) 56 80 42, mobile + (374 91) 55 36 44
Our Bank account